Farm and household assistance of the agricultural accident insurance; application
You can receive benefits from the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association (LBG) for farm and household assistance if you are unable to work or require inpatient treatment as a result of an accident at work or occupational disease.
You are eligible for LBG farm and household assistance benefits if, as a result of an agricultural work-related accident or occupational disease, you are
- you are unable to work or
- inpatient treatment is necessary.
The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association ensures that your farm or household continues to operate and that your income basis is maintained. The benefits for farm and household assistance essentially cover work that cannot be postponed.
For this purpose, the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association either provides a qualified worker, which is called a "provided worker". Or you procure a replacement yourself.
The provided workers can be employees of the SVLFG or employees of other agencies, for example, a machinery ring or a farm relief service.
If you procure a substitute yourself, LBG will reimburse the costs for this to a reasonable amount. Maximum amounts apply. It should be noted that no deployment costs are covered for relatives and in-laws up to the second degree. The substitute must also be external to the company, i.e. he or she may not otherwise work in the company or in the household or help out to any significant extent.
In the case of incapacity for work, benefits for company and household assistance are possible for a maximum of 4 weeks, in the case of inpatient treatment for a maximum of 13 weeks. An extension is possible under certain conditions.
The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association (LBG) provides benefits for farm and household assistance if
- you are insured as an agricultural entrepreneur with the LBG,
- you are unable to work or are hospitalized (for example, in a hospital) due to an agricultural accident or occupational disease, and
- the benefits are necessary to ensure the agricultural business or household. The question of necessity is important in deciding whether and to what extent farm and household assistance will be provided.
Farm and household assistance benefits are also available for your or your
- spouse or partner who is an employee of yours.
- life partner.
Activities in non-agricultural parts of the company (subsidiary companies) are excluded from the company and household assistance.
The Agricultural Workers' Compensation Board provides its services ex officio.
- Before you begin using a substitute worker, you must provide the LBG with certain information about yourself in the form of a "statement of facts." This is necessary to verify the following:
- whether you meet the requirements for entitlement to the benefits
- your business or family circumstances
- This notification is not bound to a specific form, but LBG provides a form. You can download this from the LBG website and then fill it out.
- If the benefit is to be paid due to incapacity for work, you must submit a medical certificate. For this purpose, the doctor can use existing forms in the practice; however, the LBG also provides its own form. Please note that you must see a transit doctor after an accident at work or on the way to work.
- Send the documents to the LBG by mail, e-mail, fax or via the SVLFG service portal.
- You will receive the decision of the LBG by mail.
There are no clues or specifics.
There are no application deadlines.
- Benefits for operating and household assistance are possible at the earliest from the date of notification of factual information.
LBG usually makes a decision within a few days. Certain reasons can extend the processing time, for example missing documents.
- Mitteilung von Tatsachenangaben (hierfür stellt die LBG einen Vordruck zur Verfügung)
- bei Arbeitsunfähigkeit: ärztliche Bescheinigung (hierfür stellt die LBG einen Vordruck zur Verfügung)
No costs are incurred.
If LBG provides a qualified substitute, it will bear the full costs.
If a substitute cannot be provided, LBG will reimburse the costs for an external substitute procured by you to an appropriate amount. The cash benefits actually incurred will be taken into account; benefits in kind, on the other hand, will not be taken into account. Maximum amounts apply to the reimbursement amounts. The following are considered reasonable: the proven expenses up to a daily maximum of 2.95 percent of the applicable monthly reference amount, rounded up or down to the next even euro amount.
For each day of the service (day of deployment), you must pay a deductible to the LBG, regardless of the amount of the costs incurred. You will be informed of the exact amount in writing.
For detailed information on how to file an appeal, please refer to the decision of the accident insurance institution.
- Action before the social court after an unsuccessful appeal
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited