Land register; application for a name change or change of name
Name changes and changes of name are recorded in the land register upon request.
If the name or company name of the (legal) person entered in the land register as the owner or other beneficiary changes, e.g. as a result of marriage, you can notify the land registry of this, enclosing appropriate proof, and apply for the name entered in the land register to be corrected.
The change of name must be proven to the land registry by means of a public or publicly certified document. A simple copy is not sufficient.
Possible proof is:
- Marriage certificate,
- certified extract from the family register,
- certificate from the registry office confirming the change of name,
- current excerpt from the commercial register.
Antrag auf Namensberichtigung im Grundbuch
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- A name change is free of charge.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium der Justiz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited