The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes measures to increase energy efficiency.
You can get a loan of up to EUR 25 million for the following measures:
- Energy-efficient refurbishment of a non-residential building of municipal and social infrastructure to a KfW efficiency building
- Individual measures to improve the energy efficiency of a non-residential building of municipal and social infrastructure:
- Insulation of walls, roof surfaces, floor ceilings and floor surfaces,
- Renewal and preparation of windows, curtain walls, exterior doors and gates,
- Measures to improve summer thermal insulation,
- Installation, replacement or optimization of air-conditioning and ventilation systems,
- initial connection to local or district heating,
- Renewal or optimization of heat/cold distribution and storage,
- Renewal or optimization of heat/cold generation,
- Replacement and/or optimization of lighting,
- Installation or optimization of measurement and control technology and building automation.
The subsidy covers measures for the preparation, implementation and commissioning of the subsidized measure, such as ancillary work or planning costs.
You will not receive any subsidy:
- for lease financing,
- for personal contributions,
- for rooms for the practice of faith,
- for investments by political parties,
- for debt rescheduling of projects that have already been completed and financed,
- if you have already started the measure before submitting the application,
- for the costs of a heat generator based on oil as an energy source.
There is a benchmark for energy-efficient buildings, the KfW efficiency building standard. The lower the number, the more efficient your building is and the less energy you need.
The following standards are subsidized:
- KfW efficiency building 70,
- KfW efficiency building 100,
- KfW efficiency building monument.
The amount of the repayment subsidy depends on the KfW Efficiency Building standard of your measure:
- KfW efficiency building 70: You receive a repayment subsidy of 27.5 percent of the loan amount.You can receive a maximum of EUR 275 repayment subsidy for each square meter of renovated net floor area.
- KfW Efficiency Building 100: You receive a repayment subsidy of 20 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 200 for each square meter of renovated net floor area.
- KfW Efficiency Building Monument: You receive a repayment subsidy of 17.5 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 175 for each square meter of renovated net floor area.
- For individual measures, you receive a repayment subsidy of 20 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 200 for each square meter of renovated net floor area.
You will only receive the repayment subsidy once you have completed your measure and provided KfW with proof that it has been carried out. To do this, you must prove
- that you have used the money for the measure applied for,
- that you have achieved the KfW efficiency building standard or energy savings.
You must keep all invoices and documents related to the measure.
The applications for funding are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
You are not entitled to have the funding approved.