Energy efficiency; application for a loan with repayment subsidy for municipal companies for the refurbishment of non-residential buildings
If you invest in the energy-efficient refurbishment of non-residential buildings in the municipal and social infrastructure, you can apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy under certain conditions.
Applications may be submitted by:
- Companies with at least 50 percent municipal shareholders
- non-profit organizations and churches
- Companies and natural persons in the context of public-private partnerships.
- Your measure must meet the requirement for the following standards:
- KfW efficiency building 70
- KfW Efficiency Building 100
- KfW Efficiency Building Monument
- in the case of individual measures: achieve an energy saving of
- You must plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. This expert must meet the requirements of Section 21 of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV).
You must submit the application for funding in writing to the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
- You look for an energy efficiency expert in your area on the website of the German Energy Agency (dena).
- Plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert.
- Fill out the application confirmation online - preferably together with your expert.
- Talk to your financing partner (for example, the bank where you want to take out your financing) about including a subsidized loan. They will advise you on which documents are required and will submit the application to KfW on your behalf.
- Once KfW has approved your funding application, you conclude a loan agreement with your financing partner.
- As soon as you have received approval for your subsidy, you can start construction work or conclude the purchase contract.
- Depending on the progress of construction, your financing partner will pay you the loan in one sum or in installments.
- When you have completed the measure, you must prove to your financing partner
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the planned measure and
- that your measure meets the standard for KfW efficiency buildings.
- Your financing partner will check and confirm your evidence and forward it to KfW.
- If KfW has also checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment subsidy as a credit to your loan account. This reduces your loan term.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can apply for additional subsidies from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for advice from an energy efficiency expert.
- Application: before the start of the measure
- Call-up period of the loan: within 12 months after loan approval, in one sum or in partial amounts
- Proof of use of funds: within 15 months after the full disbursement of the loan.
- for processing the application: usually 3 to 5 working days.
You can start implementing the measure immediately after you have been approved for your grant.
You must submit the following with your application:
- Confirmation of the application
- Declaration on the size of your company:
- Simplified self-declaration SME (KfW form number 600 000 0095) for independent companies without links to other companies
- Self-declaration SME (KfW form number 600 000 0196) with information sheet SME definition
- When applying for financing with "de minimis" support, the following information is also required:
- Attachment "De-minimis" declaration by the applicant on "De-minimis" aid already received (KfW form number 600 000 0075)
- Declaration of cumulation
- in the case of support under the General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER):
- Attachment Eligible additional investment costs
Once you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after implementation
- Proof of use
Forms on the KfW website (under Forms and Downloads)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited