Parcel boundary; application for a boundary determination
A boundary determination is called the discovery and verification of existing boundary signs, the marking of previously unmarked boundaries or the restoration of lost boundary signs. You can apply for a boundary determination.
There has only been an obligation to mark boundaries since 1900, which is why there are still many boundaries in Bavaria that are neither marked nor precisely known to the owners. Legal certainty is created by the remeasurement and demarcation of these boundaries by the state offices for digitization, broadband and surveying.
Furthermore, boundary markers are lost for various reasons (construction work, field cultivation, etc.) or they are buried.
Thus, boundary establishment consists of marking previously unmarked boundaries and uncovering boundary signs (with verification) or restoring lost boundary signs.
If you do not find the boundary markers on your property boundary, you can apply for boundary demarcation there.
You must apply for the boundary determination at the responsible Office for Digitization, Broadband and Surveying.
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
The fee is calculated according to the number of both old and new boundary points established in the locality.
The fees for the border points are
- for the 1st border point: 260 EUR
- for the 2nd to 30th border point: 85 EUR each
- for the 31st to 100th border point: 70 EUR each
- for all further border points: 60 EUR each
In addition, the sum of the boundary point fees is multiplied by a value factor, which depends on the land value (market value) of the treated parcels:
- up to 5 EUR - value factor 0.8
- over 5 to 25 EUR - value factor 1.0
- over 25 to 50 EUR - value factor 1.3
- from 50 to 200 EUR - value factor 1.7
- from 200 to 500 EUR - value factor 2.0
- from 500 to 2500 EUR - value factor 2,5
- from 2500 to 4000 EUR - value factor 3,5
- over 4000 EUR - value factor 4,0
In addition, the application can be submitted for a 20% surcharge.
In addition, there may be the fees for the field jury for the execution of the demarcation.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited