Excavation; notification of the start of excavation
You must notify the start of excavation in advance. This applies to the start of execution of projects requiring approval as well as the continuation of execution after an interruption of more than 6 months.
You must notify the start of excavation if:
- you begin excavation work requiring a permit or
- you continue excavation work after an interruption of more than 6 months.
This also applies to a project covered by a partial excavation permit.
- Submit the completed and signed "Construction start notification" form to the lower excavation authority (district offices and independent cities).
- A verbal notification is not sufficient.
- You will not receive a confirmation of receipt.
- The lower excavation authority will then check whether the period of validity of the excavation permit has not yet expired. It can also prepare measures to monitor the excavation if necessary.
Digital submission of commencement notifications is not yet possible throughout Bavaria. This is only possible with certain lower excavation authorities. You can find out what these are in Section 1 of the Digital Building Application Ordinance. You can find the link under the "Legal basis" tab.
- The start of excavation can be notified digitally to the lower excavation authority using the online assistant.
- The prescribed "Notification of start of construction" form is replaced by the queries in the online assistant.
- Signatures are replaced by authentication using the "BayernID" user account.
You must notify the start of excavation at least one week before the start of execution.
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
As no decision is issued by the lower excavation authority, you cannot lodge an appeal.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited