Efficient buildings; application for a grant for the installation of heating systems with renewable energies or for individual energy-related measures
If you want to invest in the installation of new, efficient heating systems with renewable energies or in individual energy-related measures, you can apply for a grant under certain conditions.
Eligible to apply are:
- Private individuals,
- Municipal regional authorities, municipal associations of municipalities and special-purpose associations, as well as legally dependent proprietary companies of municipal regional authorities, provided they act for purposes of public service;
- Corporations and institutions under public law, for example, chambers or associations;
- Non-profit organizations, including churches;
- companies, including sole proprietorships and municipal enterprises;
- Other legal entities under private law, including housing cooperatives.
- Eligibility to apply applies to owners, lessees or tenants of the land, part of the land, building or part of the building on or in which the measure is to be implemented, as well as to contractors.
- Fulfillment of the minimum technical requirements according to the funding guidelines.
- The subsidized investment measure must be implemented on the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany and operated for at least 10 years in accordance with its purpose.
You must submit the application for funding online to the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
- Should an application be submitted for an individual measure on the building envelope and/or an application for plant technology (except heating), the involvement of an energy efficiency expert is necessary for the application. Before the (actual) application can be submitted, the energy efficiency expert prepares a so-called technical project description (TBP), in which the measure to be applied for is explained. BAFA provides an electronic form for the technical project description.
- The electronic application form for funding includes general information on the applicants, as well as on the planned measures and expenses. After opening the application form, the TPB ID is entered, if applicable, and the application form is automatically populated with the building data.
- After you have submitted your application, you can start implementing the measure at your own financial risk.
- After reviewing the application, in case of a positive decision, the amount of the maximum grant will be determined based on the expenses planned for the measure and quantified in the application. After the notification of the grant decision, subsequent changes to the information on the adjustment of the maximum grant amount are only possible within one month.
- The period within which the measure is to be implemented ready for operation (approval period) is usually 24 months after the grant notice is issued.
- The grant is paid out after the audit of the proof of use has been positively concluded. The proof of use, including all required documents, must be submitted no later than 6 months after the end of the grant period using the forms provided for this purpose, including all required documents.
- If an energy efficiency expert was involved in the application, he or she must prepare a so-called technical project verification (TPN) after completion of the measure, analogous to the application procedure, and confirm the implementation of the measure in this TPN. After the energy efficiency expert has created the technical project verification, he or she receives a TPN ID. This TPN ID must be entered in the online proof of use form. The following documents are required for the proof of use check and must be submitted digitally to BAFA with the online proof of use form:
- Confirmation of the application-compliant use and operational readiness of the technical system by means of the electronic proof of use form as well as the technical project certificate (TPN) if an energy efficiency expert is involved or the specialist contractor declaration, which must be completed and signed by the respective responsible installer.
- Confirmation of truthful information (which will be sent with the grant notification)
- Proof of expenditure
As a rule, measures must be implemented within 24 months of the grant being issued.
Proof of implementation of the measure within 6 months of the end of the approval period.
- for processing the application: usually 2 to 6 weeks.
You can start implementing the measure immediately after submitting the application at your own financial risk.
You can significantly influence the time it takes to decide on your funding application by providing all the correct information in the online application and submitting all the application documents in full so that there are no further queries about the application.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited