Wastewater disposal; application for a property connection

You connect your property to the public drainage system by means of a property connection.


If your municipality has provided for this in its drainage statutes, properties that are served by the sewers of a public drainage system must generally also be connected to this system and use it. Technically, this requires the installation of a so-called property connection, i.e. a pipe from the public sewer to the inspection chamber (usually located at the property boundary). Via this property connection, you in turn connect the areas and buildings on the property that require wastewater disposal to the public drainage system.

Whether the municipality or the property owner is responsible for the production, renewal, modification and maintenance of the property connection varies from municipality to municipality. Therefore, please contact your municipality for more detailed information. They will also be able to provide you with information on the technical requirements for connecting your property and on the costs you will incur for laying such a property connection.

Legal bases

  • Gemeindliche Entwässerungssatzungen (EWS)


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.