Market master data register; registration as a market player in the electricity or gas market
If you are a market player in the electricity or gas market, you must register in the Market Master Data Register (MaStR) of the Federal Network Agency.
You do not have to meet any prerequisites.
If you would like to register yourself as an operator and your electricity and gas generation plants in MaStR, you can do so via the MaStR Internet portal:
- Access the MaStR Internet portal and first register as a user with a valid e-mail address.
- Log in to the MaStR Internet portal and register as a plant operator.
- Then register your unit in the second step.
- Upon successful registration, the system will provide you with your registration certificate with your registration numbers (MaStR numbers).
- You can make changes and corrections online at any time.
A deadline of 1 month applies to the notification of market players.
- Online procedure: none, registration confirmation can be printed directly
- Form registration: approx. 14 days (from application to receipt of registration confirmation)
The Market Master Data Register is the register for the German electricity and gas market. It is abbreviated MaStR. The market master data register is primarily used to register the master data for electricity and gas generation plants. In addition, the master data of market players such as plant operators, network operators and energy suppliers must be registered.
No appeal is provided.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited