Market master data register; registration of an electricity or gas generation facility
If you operate an electricity or gas installation and it is connected to an electricity or gas grid, you must register the unit in the Market Master Data Register (MaStR) of the Federal Network Agency. You only have to register plants in planning in certain cases.
You do not have to meet any prerequisites.
If you would like to register yourself as an operator and your electricity and gas generation plants in the MaStR, you can do so via the MaStR Internet portal:
- Access the MaStR Internet portal and first register as a user with a valid e-mail address.
- Log on to the MaStR Internet portal and register as an installation operator.
- Then register your installations.
- If your registration is successful, the system will provide you with your registration certificate with your registration numbers (MaStR numbers).
- You can make changes and corrections online at any time.
You must register within 1 month of the occurrence of an event requiring registration.
- Online procedure: none, registration confirmation can be printed out directly
- Form registration: approx. 14 days (from application to receipt of registration confirmation)
The Market Master Data Register is the register for the German electricity and gas market. It is abbreviated MaStR. The market master data register is primarily used to register the master data for electricity and gas generation plants. In addition, the master data of market players such as plant operators, network operators and energy suppliers must be registered.
There is no provision for appeal.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited