Pipelines in the public roadbed; conclusion of a designation or concession agreement

If lines are laid in public roads for the purpose of public supply, the relationship between the road authority and the utility company is governed by civil law. As a rule, a concession agreement is concluded.



You are a utility company and would like to use a public street to lay or modify lines.


For the conclusion of a concession agreement, the responsible road construction authority must be contacted.

For district roads, the district or the independent city is responsible, for municipal roads the municipality, and for federal and state roads outside local thoroughfares the state building authorities.


The contract must be concluded prior to the construction work. Therefore, care must be taken to ensure that the application is submitted in good time.


  • The costs to be borne by the utility company are agreed in the contract.


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.