Animal transport; application for approval of road transport vehicles.
If you want to use road transport vehicles commercially for animal transports that last longer than 8 hours, you need an approval for the transport vehicle from the responsible veterinary office.
If you want to use means of transport, such as truck trailers, car trailers or semi-trailers, for long transports of animals, you need a permit for these means of transport beforehand. This only applies to transports that last 8 hours or longer or that last longer than 12 hours within Germany (exception only for breeding and farm animals) and that are connected with an economic activity.
A transport operation includes the entire transport process from the place of dispatch to the place of destination, including loading, unloading and, if necessary, accommodation at intermediate stations.
The authorization is granted for a maximum of 5 years.
If you wish to transport animals commercially, the means of transport used must meet the technical requirements of the
EU Animal Transport Regulation. It must also be equipped with
- a navigation system,
- an efficient ventilation system,
- a temperature monitoring system with data recorder, and
- a warning system for exceeding maximum or minimum permissible temperatures.
After you have submitted the papers and documents, they will be reviewed at the veterinary office and your information will be documented. You will then receive your approval.
You must apply for approval before using the means of transport. You may only use the means of transport after you have received the approval.
The following evidence and declarations are required for approval:
- Vehicle registration certificate
- TÜV-certified acceptance certificate of the means of transport
- TÜV-certified acceptance certificate of the navigation system
- Data certificate of the navigation system
- Declaration that you or your representatives have not committed any serious infringements of Community and/or national animal welfare legislation in the last three years
- Declaration that you or your representatives have not applied for a license with any other competent authority in Germany or any Member State
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited