Animal transport; application for approval of means of road transport
If you wish to use road transport vehicles commercially to transport animals for longer than 8 hours, you need a license for the means of transport from the competent veterinary office.
If you wish to transport animals commercially, the means of transport used must be equipped with
- a navigation system,
- an efficient ventilation system,
- a temperature monitoring system with data recorder and
- a warning system for exceeding permissible maximum or minimum temperatures
and meet the technical requirements of the EU Animal Transport Regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1/2005).
Once you have submitted the documents, they will be reviewed by the veterinary office and your details documented. You will then receive your approval.
You must apply for approval before using the means of transport. You may only use the means of transport once you have received approval.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited