Transportation of animals abroad; registration

For the transportation of livestock or equidae and for travel with equidae to another Member State or a third country, registration with the locally competent veterinary office is required.



In principle, transporters must be registered or, in the case of transports of vertebrate animals in connection with a commercial activity, licensed (see under "Related topics").

A transport plan must be submitted for transports lasting more than 8 hours.

If the distance from the place of dispatch to the place of destination exceeds 65 km, drivers of animal transports require a certificate of competence, which can be applied for from the competent veterinary office after appropriate training in approved facilities (see "Related topics").


Animal transportation must be reported to the veterinary office responsible for the place of business.

The start of loading (not the time of departure) must be stated.


The transportation of animals must be notified at least 2 working days before dispatch.


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.