Unmanned free balloon; application for an ascent permit
A permit is required to operate unmanned free balloons ("weather balloons").
An unmanned free balloon ("weather balloon") may only be operated with the permission of the state in which the ascent takes place. Therefore, prior permission must be obtained from the appropriate aviation authority for the launching of unmanned free balloons.
The aviation authority must be notified of the following information:
- technical data of the balloon
- Classification of the balloon (light/ medium/ heavy)
- Number of payload packages
- Launch location (coordinates)
- Launch period (date/time)
An unmanned free balloon may be operated only if the impact of the balloon or any part thereof, including the payload, with the earth's surface will not endanger persons or property.
Unmanned free balloons can be divided into different classes (light, medium and heavy) depending on their weight and payload. Depending on the total mass and place of ascent of the free balloon, it may be necessary to obtain an air traffic control clearance from the responsible air traffic control office in addition to applying for the permit.
approx. 1 week before start date
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited