Cab permit; application
You need a cab permit if you want to transport people commercially with cabs.
Transport by cab is the transport of passengers by means of passenger vehicles which the entrepreneur keeps available at officially authorized places and with which he carries out journeys to a destination determined by the passenger. The entrepreneur may also accept transport orders during a journey or at the place of business.
New applicants or new entrants receive the permit for a maximum of two years. An extension is granted for a maximum of five years.
Holders of a cab permit have the following obligations:
- Duty to operate
They must maintain the operation, if necessary also at night.
- Obligation to transport
You may only refuse journeys (even short ones) if the driver cannot reasonably be expected to be transported. This is the case, for example, with heavily intoxicated persons.
- Obligatory tariff
Within the compulsory travel area applicable to you, the price for a journey is based on the locally prescribed transport charges. The compulsory driving area is usually the city or county of the company's registered office.
The equipment of cabs is mandatory. The following regulations apply:
- The car must be equipped with a roof sign.
- You must attach a yellow ordinance license plate to the rear window of your cab; the ordinance number is assigned by the licensing authority.
- The color scheme for cabs (light ivory) is mandatory in Bavaria, § 26 BOKraft.
- On the inside of the vehicle, you must display the company's address in a clearly visible place.
- The fare indicator must visibly display the fare for the passengers.
Cabs may stand at designated cab stands and be requested by passengers, on the street or at the operator's place of business.
- The entrepreneur or the persons appointed for the management must be reliable and professionally suitable.
- The company must be safe. For example, there must be no arrears of taxes or social security contributions, and the vehicle management must be impeccable.
- The company must be financially viable.
- The company's business locations entered in the Commercial Register or Register of Cooperatives must be in Germany.
You must apply for the cab permit in writing to the relevant office. Depending on the offer, you can download an application form on the Internet.
In the hearing procedure, the competent body requests opinions from, among others:
- trade supervisory authorities
- the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- the relevant trade unions and professional associations
After the deadline for comments has expired, it decides on the application and informs the applicant in writing of the result.
Unlike for-hire transportation, cab permits are not available indefinitely. The number of permits available depends on local conditions.
Usually, the competent body will decide on your application within three months. The period can be extended by a maximum of another three months. The prerequisite is that the competent office has announced this in a written interim decision within the first three months.
Frame fee for approval: 100,00 - 1.465 EUR
For standard cases it is
- for the first vehicle: EUR 150.00
- for each additional vehicle: EUR 40.00
These amounts are not binding for the licensing authority.
In case of excessive administrative burden, the licensing authority may deviate from them up to the maximum amount of the framework fee.
You will incur further costs for register information and other supporting documents.
Filing an objection with the authority that issued the administrative act.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited