Rental car permit; application
You need a rental car permit if you want to transport people commercially with rental cars. This does not mean the rental of vehicles to self-drivers.
- The entrepreneur or the persons appointed for the management must be reliable.
- The entrepreneur or the persons appointed for the management must be professionally suitable.
- The company must be secure and financially efficient.
- The company's registered office or place of business must be in Germany (as defined by commercial law).
You must apply for the rental car permit at the competent office. Depending on the offer of your competent body, you can download an application form on the Internet.
The competent body conducts a hearing procedure. As part of this, it requests opinions from other bodies, including the following
- trade supervisory authorities,
- the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- the relevant trade unions and professional associations.
After the deadline for the comments has expired, it makes a final decision on the application and informs the applicant in writing of the result.
Note: If you wish to apply for a permit renewal, a permit application with required documentation must be submitted to the appropriate office well in advance of the expiration of the expiring permit.
Usually, the competent body will decide on your application within three months.
The period can be extended by a maximum of another three months. The prerequisite is that the competent office has announced this in good time (within the first three months) in a written interim decision.
Frame fee for approval: 50,00 - 500,00 EUR
For regular cases it is
- for the first vehicle: 60 EUR
- for each additional vehicle: 30 EUR
These amounts are not binding for the licensing authority.
In case of excessive administrative expenses, the licensing authority may deviate from them up to the maximum amount of the framework fee.
You may incur additional costs for register information and the preparation of other supporting documents.
Filing an objection with the authority that issued the administrative act.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited