Occasional services by bus and coach; application for a permit
Governments are the competent licensing authorities for occasional bus and coach services (vehicles with more than 9 seats).
Occasional transport is divided into the following types of transport:
- Excursion trips
- Vacation destination trips
- Transport with rented buses
Permits for these types of transport are issued for a period of 10 years. For occasional transport operators, the government issues certificates for commercial international passenger transport within the territory of the European Community.
The entrepreneur has to prove that
- the safety and efficiency of the business is guaranteed (submission of balance sheets, asset statements, etc.),
- he or the person appointed to run the business (transport manager) are reliable (police clearance certificate, extract from the driver's license register, etc.),
- the professional qualifications are given (certificate of professional competence from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce),
- he/she and the contractors commissioned by him/her to perform transport services have their registered office or branch office within the meaning of commercial law in Germany.
Enclosures to be included:
- Equity certificate
- Timetable and list of stops with details of the length of the route, and in the case of en-route services, also of the sections of the route, in kilometres
- Conditions of carriage and charges (fare table)
- Certificate of the competent tax office in tax matters
- Certificate of the municipality of the place of business on the tax reliability
- Certificate of the competent authorities on the proper payment of contributions to social health and pension insurance and to unemployment insurance
- Certificate from the Employer's Liability Insurance Association on the proper payment of contributions (including any advances to be paid) for accident insurance
- Proof of the professional suitability of the person appointed to run the business / transport manager
- Only in the case of companies entered in the commercial or cooperative register: Certified copy of the entries (the documents should not be older than three months).
- Articles of association
- Official certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority - apply at the registration office -
- Information from the driver's aptitude register - apply to the registration office
- Extract from the central business register
- Documents proving the employment of the person appointed to manage the business / the transport manager
- Presentation of confirmation of the existence of a transport contract with the company (only in the case of professional transport)
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited