Driver card; applying for a replacement if lost
You are a driver of a truck or bus and your driver card has been lost? Then you need to apply for a replacement card.
- You have your residence in the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You hold a valid driver's license with one of the following classes: B, BE, C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D, DE.
- Your valid driving license must correspond to one of the aforementioned classes if it was issued in an EEA member state.
There are no clues or specifics.
You must apply for a replacement card within 7 days of the loss.
After application and verification, the competent authority will issue your card within 8 working days. (8 Werktage)
- Application for replacement driver card
- Proof of identity
- valid domestic driver's license or driver's license of a state of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), respectively
- entitles the holder to drive vehicles for which regulations on driving and rest times must be observed
- Proof of residence in Germany and address
- proof of birth and surname, first names, day and place of birth
- photograph against a light background, 35 mm x 45 mm in size, showing the applicant without headgear in a frontal view (biometric passport photograph)
- written statement about the loss
- the issuing authority may also require the holder of the driver card to make an affidavit stating that and for what reasons he/she is unable to return the driver card
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Digitales und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited