Environmental badge; acquisition

Only motor vehicles that meet certain minimum requirements with regard to their pollutant emissions are allowed to drive in the designated environmental zones. To prove this, the vehicle must have a corresponding environmental badge, also known as a particulate matter badge.

Description

Prerequisites

You will receive an environmental sticker for your vehicle if it belongs to one of the pollutant groups 2 to 4:

• Pollutant group 2: red sticker
    • Diesel vehicles with emission standard Euro-2 / II
    • Diesel vehicles with exhaust emission standard Euro-1 / I, which have been retrofitted with particle filters.
  • Pollutant group 3: yellow sticker
    • Diesel vehicles with exhaust emission standard Euro-3 / III
    • Diesel vehicles with exhaust emission standard Euro-2 / II, which have been retrofitted with particulate filters.
  • Pollutant group 4: green sticker
    • Diesel vehicles whose particulate emissions do not exceed 5 mg/km
    • Diesel vehicles with exhaust emission standard Euro-4 / IV, Euro-5 / V and EEV (enhanced environmentally friendly vehicle) i.e. particularly environmentally friendly vehicles that exceed the Euro-V exhaust emission standard (EEV standard is only specified for heavy-duty vehicles)
    • Vehicles with gasoline engines from Euro-1 / I (gasoline or gas-powered)
    • Vehicles with gasoline engines before Euro standard status, but with controlled catalytic converter (G-KAT), provided that they either comply with Annex XXIII StVZO or have been retrofitted with controlled KAT in accordance with the 52nd exception VO z. StVZO
    • Vehicles with electric motor

If your vehicle falls into pollutant group 1 (older gasoline vehicles before Euro 1 and older diesel vehicles with exhaust emission standard Euro 1 or worse), no sticker can be issued.

The classification of your vehicle into one of the four pollutant groups is based on the emission code numbers that you will find in the vehicle documents:

• old vehicle registration certificate: digit 1, the fifth and sixth digits
  • new registration certificate part I: field 14.1, the right two digits

Special notes

Unauthorized entry into an environmental zone is a violation of the Road Traffic Act. With the change of the fine catalog regulation to 01.05.2014, the fine has increased from 40 to 80 euros, but the point in the driving suitability register was dropped.

Required documents

• Registration certificate Part I or vehicle registration document

Fees

• at the vehicle registration offices: 5 Euro
    • all other issuing offices have agreed to follow this price

Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

• Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.