BayernInfo; Information portal
BayernInfo is the online information system of the Free State of Bavaria about travel and traffic. You will find a map with the traffic situation on the most important Bavarian roads, current webcam images of the motorway network, parking information for trucks and travel information for all means of transport.
BayernInfo offers a wide range of services for citizens free of charge:
- Current traffic situation: information on the current traffic volume in real time. The information relates not only to the motorway network, but to the entire higher-ranking road network. This includes information on traffic jams, road works and closures, hazard reports (e.g. objects on the carriageway, accidents) and road weather reports. The traffic situation is supplemented by additional private real-time data and covers a network of 55,000 km. Motorway authorities, state building authorities, districts and cities report approx. 2,000 current road works and closures on Bavarian roads per year.
- Webcams on the traffic situation in Bavaria: approx. 350 webcams provide live images of the most important Bavarian motorways and federal roads. In addition, approx. 50 webcams at rest areas, mobile cameras in construction zones and municipal traffic cameras are integrated into Bayerninfo. A connection of webcams of neighbouring regions is planned.
- Parking: Information on the current occupancy of truck parking spaces on motorways (currently A9, further expansion is planned) as well as car parks in large cities. In addition, information on facilities and, if applicable, prices of parking lots and service stations throughout Bavaria is included.
- Door-to-door route planner: Multimodal travel information with a combination of different means of transport (e.g. car, train, bus, underground and suburban railway) including local transport, footpaths and cycle routes. This also includes real-time delay data for public transport.
- Bavarian Network for Cyclists (in cooperation with the Bavarian State Ministry of Finance and Home Affairs): Cycle route planner with information on the most important long-distance cycle routes
The Bavarian Network for Cyclists clearly maps all 120 long-distance cycle routes currently in use, with a total length of over 9,000 km, and provides useful information, a route planning function for cyclists and further links.
- First traffic information app from a German state institution for on the go, available for iOS and Android.
- Bayernnetz for cyclists app for iOS and Android
In addition, content from Bayerninfo is made available for broadcast on the TMC channel, for various navigation systems, traffic information services on the Internet and logistics applications (TomTom, Apple Maps, ADAC Maps, HERE Maps, Bing Maps, traffic information sites in Austria and the Czech Republic, Bundeswehr logistics centre). The data stored in Bayerninfo is also made available to a large extent free of charge on the Federal Mobility Data Marketplace (MDM) for in-vehicle applications, websites and for research purposes.
The Internet service for traffic information is operated by the Central Office for Traffic Management at the Bavarian State Construction Directorate.
The traffic information can be accessed via the Internet using both a PC and a mobile device via apps for iOS and Android.
An app for mobile devices is also available for the Bavaria network for cyclists.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited