Severely disabled persons are transported free of charge by the transport companies on presentation of an appropriately marked ID card on local transport. Upon application, the companies will be reimbursed for the fare revenue lost in Bavaria as a result.
The prerequisite is that during the reimbursement period (one calendar year in each case) the company has transported entitled persons, including any accompanying persons, their hand luggage, their accompanying wheelchairs, their other orthopaedic aids and their guide dogs free of charge on the basis of the obligation.
In principle, the company to which the operational management has been transferred, i.e. which operates the transport service in its own name, under its own responsibility and for its own account, is entitled to apply. In the case of local rail passenger transport, the entrepreneur is the holder of a license as a rail transport company. In the case of an interconnected route network formed by several undertakings with uniform or linked transport charges, applications may also be submitted by a joint body of these undertakings on behalf of its members. Under the conditions of Section 233 (2) SGB IX, a transport association can also be an applicant.
The application for reimbursement of fare losses for the free transportation of severely disabled persons on local public transport must be submitted in a single copy to the Zentrum Bayern Familie und Soziales (ZBFS) - Region Mittelfranken.
The application must be accompanied by a list of the lines for which reimbursement is requested.
The application for reimbursement of fare losses for the free long-distance transportation of severely disabled persons must be submitted to the Federal Office of Administration.
The application must be received in writing by December 31 of the third year after the end of the respective accounting year at the latest. The necessary documents should also be submitted by this date. Only final fare revenue can be settled.
The day on which the application is received by the reimbursement authority is decisive for the deadline.
There is no statutory time limit for processing. Provided there are no special circumstances in the procedure that require extensive follow-up investigations and/or investigations, processing is generally possible within a period of four to eight weeks. Due to the personnel situation, there may also be longer waiting times before a decision is made, particularly in the event of an increased volume of applications, substitutions or the assignment of other activities.
- Approval of routes according to § 17 Passenger Transportation Act (PBefG) including timetables (1 timetable per route)
- Tariff approval according to § 39 Passenger Transportation Act (PBefG) or § 12 General Railway Law (AEG)
- Confirmation from the auditor or tax advisor on the amount of reimbursable fare revenue (see Appendix A under "Forms")
- Proof of the origin and composition of the revenue (e.g., revenue breakdown of transport association, statements of ticket sales, cash revenue, increased transport charges or allocations from municipal cost units, etc.)
- additionally, in the case of traffic counts: Proof in accordance with Section 231 (5) SGB IX (see Appendix B under "Forms").
Optional objection or complaint
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales