If you want to receive the grant, you must apply to the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
The grant is available for the purchase of the following items for bicycle-based freight transport in industry, commerce, trade, services and the municipal sector:
- E-load bicycles (load pedelecs) and
- Cargo trailers with electric drive assistance (E cargo bike trailers).
You do not have to repay the grant.
Not eligible are e-load bicycles and e-load bicycle trailers
- for private use (for example, shopping, commuting) or
- For passenger transportation (for example, rickshaws).
Eligible applicants are:
- private companies
- Companies with municipal participation
- Municipalities (cities, municipalities, counties)
The grant amounts to 25 percent of the expenses for the purchase, up to a maximum of 2,500 euros per e-load bicycle or trailer.
You will not receive the grant if you order the e-load bicycle or e-load bicycle trailer before you receive the notice of approval. The grant period is 12 months and begins as soon as you receive the grant notification from BAFA.
You are obliged to inform the public about the funding, especially on the funded bikes and - if possible - on your website. In addition, you must publicly document your project and the results achieved. This concerns in particular information on the elimination or decommissioning of vehicles with combustion engines as well as on the intended use and mileage of the promoted bicycles.
The funded items must be located in the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany. You must operate them for at least 3 years in accordance with the funding guidelines. Within this period, you may not take the wheel and trailer out of operation, otherwise you will have to repay the grant.
In order to be able to sell the subsidized items, BAFA must give its approval. This is only possible
- if the new owner fully assumes the rights and obligations resulting from the subsidy, and
- provided that the transfer or sale does not result in any disadvantages for the federal government or violations of state aid or grant law.