Energy efficiency; application for a loan with repayment subsidy for municipal corporations for the refurbishment of non-residential buildings
If you invest in the energy-efficient refurbishment of non-residential buildings in the municipal and social infrastructure, you can apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy under certain conditions.
Applications may be submitted by
- local authorities
- legally dependent municipal undertakings of local authorities
- associations of local authorities
- special-purpose associations that can be treated like municipal territorial authorities
- You must provide evidence of the collateral required for municipal loans.
- Your measure must meet the requirement for the following standards:
- KfW efficiency building 70
- KfW efficiency building 100
- KfW Efficiency Building Monument
- in the case of individual measures: achieve an energy saving
- You must plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. This expert must meet the requirements of Section 21 of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV).
you must submit the application for funding in writing to the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
- Plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. Before submitting your application, this expert must confirm that your measure is
- meets the minimum technical standards and
- achieves an energy saving.
- Complete the application form. Send the application form together with the other required documents by post to the KfW branch office in Berlin.
- You must also identify yourself in accordance with the Money Laundering Act. To do this, complete the form "Identification in accordance with the Money Laundering Act" and have it certified by an identifying body. The identifying body forwards the form directly to KfW.
- KfW will check whether your planned measure meets all the requirements and whether you can provide the necessary collateral. You will then receive a letter from KfW by post with a loan offer.
- Fill in the declaration of acceptance and send it to KfW by mail or fax.
- KfW will send you a written confirmation. Fill in the Call Form and send it to KfW by post or fax. KfW will pay you the loan amount. You start implementing the measure,
- Once you have completed the measure, you must prove to KfW,
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the measure and
- that your measure has reached the standard for KfW efficient buildings or has achieved energy savings.
- You send this evidence to KfW.
- Once KfW has checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment grant as a credit to your loan account. This reduces your loan term.
Municipalities and non-profit organisations can apply for funding from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for energy advice.
- Application: before the start of the measure
- Call deadline for the loan: within 12 months of the loan commitment, in one sum or in instalments.
- Evidence of use of funds: within 9 months after full disbursement of the loan.
- for the processing of the application: usually 3 to 5 working days.
You can start implementing the measure immediately after you have been approved for your grant.
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Identification in accordance with the Money Laundering Act
- Confirmation of application
- Summary project description
- in case of application by municipal associations and special-purpose associations:
- Wording and publication of the current association meeting
- Current list of members
- Overview of existing participations
If you have completed your action, then you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after implementation
Forms on the KfW website (under Forms and Downloads)
Antrag Direktkredite auf der Internetseite der KfW
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited