The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes measures to increase energy efficiency.
You can receive a loan of up to EUR 25 million for the following measures:
- energy refurbishment of commercial buildings in accordance with the requirements of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV).
You will also receive funding for measures to prepare, implement and commission the subsidised measure, such as ancillary work or planning costs.
You will not receive any funding
- if you do not use the building exclusively for commercial purposes (for example, you also live there),
- if you rent or lease the building for residential use,
- for holiday homes and holiday apartments,
- for commercial buildings used mainly for agricultural purposes,
- for the costs of a heat generator based on the energy source oil,
- if you have already started the measure before applying.
There is a benchmark for energy-efficient buildings, the KfW efficiency building standard. The lower the number, the more efficient your building is and the less energy you need. The following standards are eligible for funding:
- KfW Efficiency Building 70,
- KfW efficiency building 55,
- KfW efficiency building for listed buildings.
The amount of the repayment subsidy depends on the KfW Efficiency Building standard of your measure:
- KfW Efficiency Building 70: You receive a repayment subsidy of 27.5 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 275 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.
- KfW Efficiency Building 50: You receive a repayment subsidy of 20 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 200 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.
- KfW Efficiency Building Monument: You will receive a repayment subsidy of 17.5 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 175 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.
You will only receive the repayment subsidy once you have completed your measure and provided KfW with proof that it has been carried out. To do this you must prove
- that you have used the money for the measure applied for,
- that you have achieved the KfW efficiency building standard.
You must keep all invoices and receipts relating to the eligible costs.
Applications for funding are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
You are not entitled to the grant.