Energy efficiency; application for a loan with repayment subsidy for new construction or purchase of energy-efficient commercial buildings
If you invest in the new construction or purchase of energy-efficient commercial buildings, you can apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy under certain conditions.
Applications may be submitted by:
- domestic and foreign commercial enterprises, the majority of which are privately owned
- freelance professionals, e.g. doctors, tax consultants, architects
- Companies that provide (energy) services to commercial buildings under a contracting agreement.
- it must be a commercially used building
- Your measure must meet the requirement for the following standards:
- KfW efficiency building 55
- KfW efficiency building 70
- You must plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. This expert must meet the requirements of Section 21 of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV).
You must submit your application through a financing partner.
- Plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. Find an energy efficiency expert near you on the website of the German Energy Agency (dena).
- Fill out the application confirmation online - preferably together with your expert.
- Talk to your financing partner (for example, the bank where you want to take out your financing) about including a subsidised loan. They will advise you on which documents are required and will submit the application to KfW on your behalf.
- Once KfW has approved your application for funding, you conclude a loan agreement with your financing partner.
- As soon as the approval for your subsidy has been received, you can begin with the construction work or conclude the purchase contract.
- Depending on the progress of construction, your financing partner will pay you the loan in one sum or in instalments.
- When you have completed the measure, you must provide proof to your financing partner,
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the planned measure and
- that your measure meets the standard for KfW-efficient buildings.
- Your financing partner checks and confirms your evidence and forwards it to KfW.
- If KfW has also checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment subsidy as a credit to your loan account. This reduces your loan term.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can apply for additional grants from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for advice from an energy efficiency expert.
- Application before the start of construction work
- Call period of the loan: within 12 months after approval, an extension to a maximum of 36 months is possible.
- Commitment fee: you do not pay a commitment fee for the first 12 months after the loan is approved
- Proof of use of funds: within 15 months after full disbursement of the loan
- Processing of the application by KfW: usually 3 to 5 days.
You can start implementing the measure immediately after you have been approved for your funding.
KfW funding takes the same amount of time as standard construction or real estate financing for companies. Your financing advisor will inform you about his current processing times.
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Confirmation of application
- Declaration on the size of your company
- Simplified self-declaration for SMEs (KfW form number 600 000 0095) for independent enterprises without links to other enterprises
- Self-declaration SME (KfW form number 600 000 0196) with information sheet on SME definition
- If you are applying for funding with "de minimis" support, the following information is also required:
- Annex "De-minimis" declaration by the applicant on "de-minimis" aid already received (KfW form number 600 000 0075)
When you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after completion
"Confirmation of application" form on the KfW website
Further forms on the KfW website (under Forms and Downloads)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited