Innovative drive technologies for mobile applications; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria supports cooperation projects in the field of innovative drive technologies for mobile applications, provided that they can be assigned to industrial research or experimental development.
In the future, innovative drive technologies for mobile applications will increasingly contribute to reducing dependence on petroleum, to lowering immission levels, especially in cities, and to reducing CO2 pollution. The Free State of Bavaria has an outstanding interest in the development of alternative climate-friendly drive concepts. This offers great opportunities for securing and expanding the innovation leadership of Bavarian companies and contributes to long-term growth as well as to maintaining and increasing employment in Bavaria. In accordance with the priorities set by the Federal Government and the EU, sustainable mobility is an essential component for a growth- and technology-oriented economy in Bavaria.
The funding is aimed at industry-led pre-competitive collaborative projects that focus on innovative developments in the field of "Innovative drive technologies for mobile applications". The funding is aimed at industry-led collaborative projects for the research and development of new or improved technologies and/or processes for innovative products. The collaborative projects are designed as multi-year projects involving several partners and covering as many parts of a value-added chain and/or technology chain as possible. As a rule, the projects are scheduled to run for three years, although other durations are also possible.
The funding is intended to support companies in research and development projects in the field of innovative drive technologies for mobile applications and to accelerate the use of these forward-looking technologies in ground, water and air transport.
In addition, feasibility studies in the run-up to industrial research or experimental development projects can be funded in exceptional and justified cases.
Funding will cover the following topics and issues in particular:
- Engine technology, in particular hydrogen and electric engines
- High-efficiency transmission technology
- Energy and thermal management
- Hybrid technology (fuel cell)
- Tank and storage technologies, in particular battery technology (solid-state battery).
Recipients of funding
The following are eligible to apply
- Companies with their registered office or branch in the Free State of Bavaria,
- Non-university research institutions as well as state universities and institutions of state universities in Bavaria,
- Other applicants based or established in the Free State of Bavaria who have the technical qualifications and sufficient capacity to successfully carry out the tasks described in the project.
The research, development and innovation (R&D&I) projects must be carried out in close cooperation between several companies from the commercial sector or between such companies and research institutions. Several partners along the value-added chain should cooperate. Preference will be given to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The following are eligible for funding
- Personnel costs (flat rates),
- costs for instruments and equipment,
- costs of contract research, technical know-how and patents acquired directly or under licence from third parties, as well as costs of consultancy and equivalent services used exclusively for the research and development project,
- other operating costs (materials, supplies, etc.) incurred directly as a result of the research and development activity.
Type and scope
The funding will be provided in the form of grants as part of project funding.
The aid intensity amounts to
- up to 50 % of the eligible costs of the project or feasibility study in the case of industrial research
- up to 25 % of the eligible costs of the project or feasibility study in the case of experimental development.
The aid intensity will be determined for each individual beneficiary in the case of collaborative projects; the maximum aid intensity for the collaborative project will be 50 %.
If different project activities are attributable to both industrial research and experimental development, the aid rate will be determined on a pro rata basis.
- The implementation of the project must involve a significant technical and economic risk.
- The project must be characterised by a high degree of innovation, i.e. the technologies, products and services to be developed must go beyond the state of the art in science and technology.
- The essential parts of the project must be carried out in Bavaria.
- Funding will not be provided for projects which have already begun before the project management organization has received a verifiable application or which are being carried out mainly on behalf of third parties not involved in the collaborative project.
- At least one of the partners substantially involved in the project must already have specific research and development capacities and relevant technical experience at the time the application is submitted, in the case of companies also in the field of production.
- Applicants or project participants must be able to demonstrate that they will use an appropriate amount of their own or external funds to finance the project, which will not be financed by other public aid or interest subsidies.
- Cumulation with funds of the European Union or with other state aid is only possible under the conditions of Art. 8 General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER).
- Enterprises in difficulty pursuant to Art. 1 para. 4 lit. c) in conjunction with Art. 2 No. 18 GBER are not eligible for support. This applies in particular to applicants in respect of whose assets insolvency proceedings have been applied for or opened. The same applies to applicants and, if the applicant is a legal entity, to its legal representatives, who have submitted or are obliged to submit a statutory declaration in lieu of an oath pursuant to section 807 of the German Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) or section 284 of the German Fiscal Code (AO).
- Aid may not be granted under these eligibility principles to an undertaking which has failed to comply with a recovery order issued on the basis of a previous Commission decision declaring an aid illegal and incompatible with the common market.
- The publication of the approval of projects is carried out in accordance with Article 9(1)(c) GBER. (c) of the GBER in conjunction with Annex III to the GBER.
- Outlines and applications for grants must be sent to the project management organisation.
- Applications must be submitted in writing and electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management organization. Further information is available on the Internet platform for electronic application (ELAN) of the State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (see "Online procedure").
- The project management organization will review the outlines and applications in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, make a recommendation for the funding decision, if necessary also with the involvement of expert consultants, and handle the processing of the funding, the processing of payment requests, the review of the interim reports, the proof of use and the utilization reports as well as the handling of the correspondence with the applicants. The project executing agency is entitled to obtain explanations from the applicants on the applications and on the handling of the funding. The project management organization is obliged to maintain confidentiality.
- The granting authority is the Bavarian State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Energy and Technology. The granting authority issues the notification of award and disburses the funds. The calls for funds and the proof of use must be submitted to the project management agency, which forwards them to the granting authority.
- The Bavarian Supreme Audit Office (Bayerische Oberste Rechnungshof) is entitled under Article 91 of the Bavarian Budget Code (BayHO) to conduct additional audits of the grant recipients.
Early contact with the project executing agency is recommended. Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the framework of the available budgetary resources
detailed project description including exploitation plan
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited