Health research - GO-Bio initial; application for funding
Are you a scientist with promising research results and raw, sketchy ideas for exploitation in the life sciences? GO-Bio-initial funding could be your starting point for the further development of these ideas.
Eligible to apply are:
- university and non-university research institutions
The application procedure for the exploratory phase is two-stage. Use the "easy-Online" portal for both stages.
Stage 1: Project outline
- Call up "easy-Online" and use it to submit your project outline to the project management organization VDI/VDE-IT.
- The project outline will be evaluated in a competitive procedure according to the following criteria:
- Suitability to the subject area and goal of the funding measure
- Novelty and originality of the exploitation idea
- Plausibility of the exploitation perspective presented
- Solution orientation and utilization-related way of thinking of the idea provider and, if applicable, of the team
- Motivation of the idea provider and, if applicable, of the team
- If your project idea is selected, you will receive a written request to submit your application (stage 2)
Stage 2: Application
- Call up "easy-Online." There you will be guided step-by-step through the application submission process.
- Fill in all the fields required for the application, apply a qualified electronic signature and submit it.
- If you do not have a qualified electronic signature, you must print out the application in addition to submitting it electronically, sign it, and send it to the project management organization in the next step together with the other application documents.
- The project management organization will confirm receipt of your application.
- The responsible person at the project management organization will contact you while your application is being processed in order to clarify any queries.
- You will receive a decision on your application. If the decision is positive, you will receive a notification of funding by mail.
Project outlines can be submitted annually until February 15.
The submission deadline is not a cut-off date. However, project outlines received late may not be considered until the next following deadline.
The last possible submission date for project outlines is February 15, 2026.
The review of the project outline usually takes 3 months. (3 months)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited