Scientific research; application for funding for validation of technological and societal innovation potential.
The funding measure "Validation of the technological and societal innovation potential of scientific research - VIP+" supports researchers in systematically validating their research results.
Eligible to apply are:
- Universities recognized by the state in Germany,
- non-university research institutions jointly funded by the federal and state governments, i.e. institutes and facilities of the
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e. V. (Fraunhofer Society for the Promotion of Applied Research)
- Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers e. V.
- Scientific Association Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e. V.
- Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science e. V.
- Federal institutions with research and development tasks (R&D)
- Applications received will be evaluated and reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Innovation level and exploitation or application potential of the targeted innovation,
- Viability of the unique selling proposition with regard to the scientific approach and the expected application in terms of the purpose of the grant,
- Validation capability of the available research results and classification of the project in the validation phase,
- Plausibility of the validation objectives with regard to the intended exploitation or application,
- Appropriateness of the work plan, taking into account the methodology as well as the preliminary work carried out and the validation objectives,
- Experience and qualifications of the applicant institution and the involved actors (project team),
- Feasibility of intended exploitation and application paths following validation, especially with regard to potential partners,
- Viability of the intellectual property protection concept,
- Quality of the support concept, also with regard to the actors involved, and
- Necessity of the grant as well as plausibility and appropriateness of the financial planning.
In accordance with the above criteria and the evaluation by the reviewers involved, the funding body will decide on funding after a final review of the application.
For funding projects in the funding measure "Validation of the technological and societal innovation potential of scientific research - VIP+", you must submit an application.
- The application is submitted electronically via the easyOnline portal. The required link to the funding applications for VIP+ is available on request from the project management organization VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH.
- Call up the easyOnline Internet portal. There you will be guided step by step through the application process.
- Fill in all the fields required for the application and submit it with a qualified electronic signature.
- If you do not have a qualified electronic signature, you must print out the application in addition to submitting it electronically, sign it, and send it to the project management organization in the next step along with the other application documents.
- Once the application has been received by the project management organization, you will receive a confirmation of receipt.
- The responsible person at the project management organization will contact you while your application is being processed in order to clarify any queries.
- After a review process by an external panel of experts, you will receive a decision on your application.
- In the event of a positive decision, you will receive a notification of funding by post.
There is no deadline. Applications for funding can be submitted on an ongoing basis.
The grantor decides on funding after funding recommendation and final application review, usually after a further 3 to 6 months. (3 to 6 months)
The funding procedure is a 1-stage process.
The application must include
- the form applicable to your project with a legally binding signature
- Project description and brief outline and
- declarations by the stakeholders in accordance with the mandatory support concept.
The project description with the necessary declarations must meet the binding requirements set out in the guidelines for submitting applications for the VIP+ funding measure. Applications that do not meet the requirements cannot be considered and will be rejected without further review. By submitting the application documents, the applicant accepts the guidelines for the VIP+ funding measure.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited