The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes the provision of process heat from renewable energies in companies.
You can receive funding for the following measures:
- Solar collectors,
- biomass systems,
- Heat pumps, provided they use renewable heat sources,
- heat storage systems for these heat generators.
You will not receive a subsidy
- for measures required by law,
- if you have already started the measure before submitting the application.
If you want to buy equipment for the provision of process heat from renewable sources, then you can get a loan of up to EUR 25 million.
The amount of the subsidy in the repayment of the loan depends on the size of your company:
- small and medium-sized enterprises (up to 249 employees and annual sales not exceeding EUR 50 million or total assets not exceeding EUR 43 million): 55 percent of eligible costs,
- large companies (250 and more employees and annual sales more than EUR 50 million or total assets higher than EUR 43 million): 45 percent of eligible costs.
Eligible costs are:
- All costs for implementing the measure,
- Incidental costs for planning and installation.
Eligible costs are also costs for
- the integration of the measure into the existing process and
- yield monitoring and error detection of the installed measurement and data acquisition systems.
You can receive a maximum of EUR 10 million in repayment subsidies.
You will not receive the repayment subsidy until you have completed your measure. To do this, you must prove
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the measure,
- that the measure technically fulfills its purpose.
You must keep all invoices and receipts related to the eligible costs.
The applications for the subsidy are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
You are not entitled to the subsidy.
Note on other subsidy options of the program:
You can also apply for a direct subsidy from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) via the subsidy program "Bundesförderung für Energieeffizienz in der Wirtschaft" (Federal Subsidy for Energy Efficiency in the Economy) (apply for a subsidy for measures to provide process heat from renewable energies).