Energy and energy-saving technology; application for funding for development and innovation
The Free State of Bavaria promotes the research, development and application of new energy and energy-saving technologies.
Funding is intended to enable the research, development and application of new energy and energy-saving technologies. This is also intended to improve economic efficiency and environmental compatibility, reduce dependence on non-renewable energy sources, increase the security of energy supply and create and maintain jobs. In addition to individual cases, the funding is also intended to make a contribution to achieving national and international objectives for improving energy efficiency, saving energy, increasing the use of renewable energies and reducing energy-related CO2 emissions.
Recipients of funding
Companies with their registered office or branch in the Free State of Bavaria as well as local authorities and sponsors of ecclesiastical or comparable institutions in the Free State of Bavaria are eligible to apply.
Type and scope
The funding will be granted on application in the form of a grant within the framework of project funding on a pro-rata basis.
The aid intensity amounts to
- up to 50 % of the eligible costs for single-company and joint projects in the field of industrial research,
- up to 35% of the eligible costs (in the case of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as defined in Annex I to the General Block Exemption Regulation) and up to 25% (in the case of enterprises which are not SMEs as defined in Annex I to the General Block Exemption Regulation) for individual company and joint projects in the field of experimental development,
- up to 40 % of eligible costs (in the case of SMEs as defined in Annex I to the GBER) or up to 30 % (in the case of firms which are not SMEs as defined in Annex I to the GBER) for technical feasibility studies in the run-up to industrial research or experimental development
- up to 40% of the eligible costs (in the case of SMEs as defined in Annex I to the GBER) or up to 30% (in the case of enterprises which are not SMEs as defined in Annex I to the GBER) for energy efficiency measures which serve the purpose of demonstration and introduction (demonstration projects),
- up to 50 % of eligible costs (for SMEs as defined in Annex I to the GBER) or up to 40 % (for enterprises that are not SMEs as defined in Annex I to the GBER) for investments in energy efficiency measures for demonstration and deployment purposes (demonstration projects).
The implementation of the project must involve a significant technical and economic risk. The projects must be characterised by a high degree of innovation, i.e. the technologies, products and services to be developed or demonstrated must go beyond the state of the art in science and technology.
The essential parts of the project must be carried out in the Free State of Bavaria.
Funding will not be provided for projects which have already been started before the responsible project management organization receives a verifiable application or which are being carried out on behalf of third parties not involved in the project.
At least one of the partners substantially involved in the project must already have specific research capacities (in the case of research projects), specific development capacities (in the case of development projects) or relevant technical experience (in the case of demonstration projects) at the time the application is submitted. Studies must be carried out independently by a neutral body which is not involved in any subsequent implementation of the study results.
The applicant must demonstrably use an appropriate amount of own or third-party funds for the financing, in accordance with his financial, liquidity and earnings situation, and these funds must not be replaced or reduced in price by other public funding.
Cumulation with funds of the European Union or with other state aid is only possible under the conditions of Art. 8 GBER.
Firms in difficulty are not eligible for aid. This applies in particular to applicants in respect of whose assets insolvency proceedings have been applied for or opened. The same applies to applicants and, if the applicant is a legal person, to its legal representatives who have made a statutory declaration in lieu of an oath pursuant to Section 807 of the German Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) or Section 284 of the German Fiscal Code (AO) or are obliged to make such a declaration.
An enterprise which has not complied with a recovery order issued on the basis of a previous Commission decision declaring a grant to be unlawful and incompatible with the common market may not be awarded a grant under these eligibility principles.
Outlines and applications for grants must be sent to the project management organisation.
Applications must be submitted in writing and electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management organization. Further information is available on the Internet platform for electronic application (ELAN) of the State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (see "Online procedure").
The project management organization will review the outlines and applications in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, make a recommendation for the funding decision, if necessary also with the involvement of expert consultants, and handle the processing of the funding, the processing of payment requests, the review of the interim reports, the proof of use and the utilization reports as well as the handling of the correspondence with the applicants. The project executing agency is entitled to obtain explanations from the applicants on the applications and on the handling of the funding. The project management organization is obliged to maintain confidentiality.
The granting authority is the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy. The granting authority issues the notification of award and disburses the funds. The calls for funds and the proof of use must be submitted to the project management organization, which forwards them to the granting authority.
Early contact with the project executing agency is recommended. Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the framework of the available budget funds.
With the submission of a first verifiable application, the project can be started at the applicant's own risk.
detailed project description including exploitation plan
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited