Energy efficiency; application for a loan with repayment subsidy for energy optimization of plants and processes
If you invest in energy optimization of plants and processes, you can apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy under certain conditions.
Applications may be submitted by:
- domestic and foreign commercial enterprises, the majority of which are privately owned
- municipal enterprises
- freelance professionals
- Contractors who implement energy efficiency measures
- You must be creditworthy
- Your company must have its registered office or a branch in Germany
- The energy-saving concept must be prepared by an energy consultant who has been approved by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for the "Bundesförderung für Energieberatung im Mittelstand" (federal support for energy consulting in small and medium-sized businesses) funding program
- the costs of your measure may only be refinanced by the saved energy costs after at least two years without funding
- the subsidized measure must be implemented in Germany and operated for at least three years
If your company has an energy or environmental management system certified according to DIN EN ISO 50001 or EMAS, you can also create the savings concept yourself.
You must submit the application for funding in writing to the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
- You first need a financing partner, through whom you then submit your application to KfW. A financing partner can be a bank, building society or financial intermediary.
- Select your financing partner and make an appointment for consultation. If you are looking for a financing partner, you can use the online consultation request on the KfW website for this purpose.
- During the consultation appointment, your financing partner will check whether your planned measure meets all the requirements and whether you are creditworthy.
- You complete the loan application together with your financing partner. Your financing partner informs you which other forms and documents you need for your application.
- Your financing partner submits the completed loan application to KfW. KfW reviews your application and decides on the funding.
- You will then receive notification from your financing partner as to whether your loan with repayment subsidy will be approved.
- Conclude the loan agreement with your financing partner and start the measure. KfW will pay you the loan amount in full.
- When you have completed the measure, you must prove to your financing partner,
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the measure and
- that the measure technically fulfills its performance.
- You submit this evidence to your financing partner.
- Your financing partner will check and confirm your evidence and forward it to KfW.
- If KfW has also checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment subsidy as a credit.
- Application deadline:
- until 31.12.2022
- Before the start of the measure
- Call-up period of the loan: within 12 months after loan approval, in one sum or in partial amounts
- Proof of use of funds: within 12 months after full disbursement of the loan.
- Processing of the application: 1 to 3 months
You can only start the measure once you have received notification of approval.
If you still want to start earlier, then you can submit an application for early start of the measure. However, you must wait to see if this application is approved before you start your measure.
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Savings concept
- for contracting projects: Confirmation of the contracting project
- for SME subsidies: Self-declaration of compliance with the SME definition
- for "de minimis" subsidies: "de minimis" declaration
When you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after implementation of the investment measure
Forms on the KfW website (under Forms and Downloads)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited