The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes measures to increase energy efficiency in companies.
You can receive funding for the following measures:
- electric motors and drives,
- pumps for industrial and commercial use
- Compressed air systems and their higher-level control systems
- Systems for waste heat utilization or heat recovery from waste water,
- Insulation of industrial plants and plant components,
- frequency converters.
You will not receive any subsidies
- for measures prescribed by law,
- if you have already started the measure before submitting the application.
The amount of the subsidy depends on the size of your company:
- small and medium-sized companies (up to 249 employees and annual sales not exceeding EUR 50 million or balance sheet total not exceeding EUR 43 million): up to 40 percent of eligible costs,
- large companies (250 or more employees and annual sales greater than EUR 50 million or total assets greater than EUR 43 million): up to 30 percent of eligible costs.
Eligible costs are:
- All costs for the implementation of the measure. The maximum limit is EUR 200,000 grant.
- Incidental costs for planning and installation. The maximum limit is 30 percent of the investment costs.
You will receive the grant only when you have completed your measure. To do this, you must prove
- that you have spent the money on the measure, and
- that the measure technically fulfills its performance.
You must keep all invoices and receipts related to the eligible costs.
Applications for funding are processed by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
You have no claim to the approval of the funding.
Reference to further funding options of the program:
You can also apply for a loan via the funding program "Federal Funding for Energy Efficiency in the Economy" (apply for a loan with repayment subsidy for high-efficiency systems or aggregates).