The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes the provision of process heat from renewable energies in companies.
You can receive funding for the following measures:
- Solar collectors,
- biomass systems,
- Heat pumps, provided they use renewable heat sources.
- heat storage for these heat generators
You will not receive a subsidy
- for measures required by law,
- if you have already started the measure before submitting the application.
The amount of the subsidy depends on the size of your company:
- small and medium-sized companies (up to 249 employees and annual sales not exceeding EUR 50 million or total assets not exceeding EUR 43 million): up to 55 percent of eligible costs,
- large companies (250 or more employees and annual sales greater than EUR 50 million or total assets greater than EUR 43 million): up to 45 percent of eligible costs.
Eligible costs are:
- All costs for implementing the measure,
- Incidental costs for planning and installation.
Eligible costs also include
- the integration of the measure into an existing process and
- yield monitoring and fault detection of the installed measurement and data acquisition systems.
You can receive a maximum EUR 10 million grant.
You will only receive the grant once you have completed your measure. To do this, you must prove
- that you have spent the money on the measure,
- that the measure technically fulfills its performance.
You must keep all invoices and receipts related to the eligible costs.
Applications for funding are processed by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
You are not entitled to funding approval.
Note on other funding options of the program:
You can also apply for a loan via the funding program "Federal Funding for Energy Efficiency in the Economy" (apply for a loan with repayment subsidy for measures to provide process heat from renewable energies).