Resource efficiency and climate protection; application for funding for projects by small and medium-sized enterprises
If you are a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) and want to carry out a new project in the field of resource efficiency and climate protection, either alone or with partners from science or industry, you can apply for funding.
Eligible applicants are:
- Small and medium-sized enterprises. This means,
- Employ fewer than 250 employees,
- have an annual turnover of no more than EUR 50 million or
- have an annual balance sheet total of no more than EUR 43 million in the previous fiscal year.
- Companies that are not SMEs
- non-university research institutions
- Local authorities
They must also meet the following requirements:
- Subject of the project in the field of resource efficiency, energy efficiency or climate protection
- Establishment or permanent establishment in Germany
- Research and development projects with a high scientific and technical risk
- Regulation of the cooperation by means of a cooperation agreement
The application procedure is 2-stage.
Stage 1: Project outline
- In the case of collaborative projects, you submit a project outline agreed among the partners, consisting of a maximum of 12 A4 pages (including attachments; Arial font, font size 11, single-spaced) to the responsible project management organization and via the PT-Outline portal.
- The BMBF has commissioned project management agencies ("approval authorities") to handle the funding measure. You can find the project management agency responsible for your topic on the Internet in the published announcement.
- In addition to preparing the project outline, you must print out the PT Outline Project Sheet, sign it and send it by mail to the project management organization (PT).
- The project outline will be evaluated in the competitive procedure following criteria:
- Importance of the research objective: societal need and product relevance,
- Scientific-technical quality of the solution approach,
- level of innovation of the scientific-technical concept,
- technological and economic potential,
- Qualification of the partners,
- Quality of the project management and, if applicable, of the collaborative structure,
- Quality and feasibility of the exploitation plan, commercialization perspective, market potential,
- Contribution of the project to the future positioning of the company in the market,
- Assessment of the social, economic and ecological opportunities and risks associated with the scientific and technological innovations.
- If your project idea is selected, you will receive a positive written request to submit the application (stage 2).
Stage 2: Application
You submit your application for funding for a project in the area of resource efficiency and climate protection as follows:
- Submit your application electronically via the "easy-Online" portal.
- Call up the "easy-Online" Internet portal. There you will be guided step by step through the application process.
- Complete all the fields required for the application and submit the application online with a qualified electronic signature.
- If you do not have a qualified electronic signature, you must print out the application in addition to submitting it electronically, sign it, and send it to the project management organization in the next step along with the other application documents.
- Once the application has been received by the project management organization, you will receive a confirmation of receipt.
- The responsible person at the project management organization will contact you while your application is being processed in order to clarify any queries.
- The applications received will be evaluated and reviewed on the basis of the above-mentioned criteria as well as with additional consideration of the following criteria:
- Fulfillment of any peer-reviewed notes and requirements from the outline evaluation,
- Quality of the exploitation plans of the individual collaborative partners,
- Project management (effectiveness and efficiency of the planned organization of the project work), project structure (responsibilities, interfaces), and risk management,
- Adequacy of preliminary costing or financing plan.
- You will receive a decision on your application.
- In the event of a positive decision, you will receive a notification of funding by post.
You can submit your project outline to the BMBF's project management agency at any time. However, please note the submission deadlines for project outlines:
The submission deadline is not a cut-off date. However, project outlines received after the deadline specified above may not be considered until the next submission deadline.
Processing time for the review of the project outline. (2 months)
- Administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited