Information and communication technologies; application for funding for projects of universities and research institutions as well as companies
If you have an idea for the (further) development of innovative technologies in information and communication technologies (ICT), you can be funded under certain conditions. The aim is to transfer knowledge from research to industry.
Eligible to apply are:
- small and medium-sized enterprises. This means,
- employ less than 250 employees,
- have an annual turnover of no more than EUR 50 million or
- have an annual balance sheet total of no more than 43 million EUR in the previous fiscal year
- Companies that are not SMEs
- university and non-university research institutions
Further requirements for companies:
- They have permanent employees with proven expertise in computer science and proven expertise in the addressed subject areas to the required extent.
- They are in a position to raise the own contribution to be made within the framework of share financing of the project from current business operations.
- You are conducting a research and development project with partners from science or industry that meets the following requirements:
- The focus and degree of novelty of the project must be on complex IT systems with a focus on embedded systems (embedded systems), intelligent learning systems or Internet of Things and Services, where there is a clear added value compared to established processes or solutions.
- They have a sufficient data basis in both quantitative and qualitative terms.
- The protection of personal data must be ensured. It is imperative that European and German data protection guidelines are taken into account.
- The results must benefit Germany as a business location beyond the Verbund.
New or further development of hardware is not eligible for funding.
The application procedure for funding research projects to improve the exploration and integration phases of ICT research has 2 stages.
Stage 1: Project outline
- You submit a project outline, in the case of a collaborative project a joint project outline, comprising a maximum of 15 DIN A4 pages (1.5 line spacing, Arial font, size at least 11) to the project management organization (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V.) and via the pt-outline portal.
- In addition to the project outline, you must print out and sign the pt-outline project sheet and send it by mail to the project management organization (PT).
- The project outline will be evaluated, if necessary with the participation of external reviewers, in a competitive procedure according to the following criteria:
- strategic contribution to solving the challenges
- Innovation of the approach of the proposed solution under the given and foreseeable technical and economic constraints
- relevance of the proposed solution for industrial applications in relation to the respective subject areas
- own preliminary work relevant to the project
- Contribution to the development and expansion of competence on the part of industrial users and to profile building, especially on the part of the research partners
- sustainable implementation of ideas, concept for model and software maintenance, contributions to standardization of development methods and software tools
- Contribution to training and further education on the user side, increase in expertise.
- If your project idea is selected, you will receive a positive written request to submit the application (stage 2)
Stage 2: Application
You submit your application for funding for research projects to improve the exploration and integration phases of ICT research as follows:
- Submit your application online via the "easy-Online" portal.
- Call up the "easy-Online" Internet portal. There you will be guided step by step through the application process.
- Fill in all the fields required for the application and submit it with a qualified electronic signature.
- If you do not have a qualified electronic signature, you must print out the application in addition to submitting it electronically, sign it, and send it to the project management organization in the next step along with the other application documents.
- Once the application has been received by the project management organization, you will receive a confirmation of receipt.
- The responsible person at the project management organization will contact you while your application is being processed in order to clarify any queries.
- Applications will be evaluated and reviewed according to the following criteria:
- In the case of an SME: Proof of SME status through SME declaration as well as the significant share of research performance by the SME(s) involved.
- Implementation of any conditions from the first stage and compliance with the financial framework recommended there for funding
- Quality of the detailed description of the solution concept, the work plan as well as the organization of the collaboration in the network
- The informative value of the detailed description of the exploitation plan, also with regard to the funding policy objectives of this funding measure.
- Eligibility of the requested funds
- Necessity and appropriateness of the requested funds
- Comprehensibility of the explanations of the financing plan, including, in the case of companies, a description of how the company's own contribution will be raised.
- You will receive a decision on your application.
- In the event of a positive decision, you will receive a notification of funding by mail.
You can submit your project outline to the assigned project management organization of the BMBF (DLR-PT) until June 30, 2024.
The processing of the grant application usually takes 3 months. (3 months)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited