Application-oriented research and development; application for funding
The Bavarian Research Foundation provides grants to support application-oriented, technology-oriented research projects that are carried out in cooperation between science and industry.
- The project must be associated with a considerable technical and economic risk and be characterized by a high degree of innovation.
- The main parts of the project must be carried out in Bavaria. The involvement of non-Bavarian partners (usually without funding) is possible.
- The applicants or project participants from the commercial sector must use an appropriate amount of their own or external funds that are not replaced by other public financial aid or reduced interest rates.
- Projects that have already begun at the time of application are not eligible for funding.
- Due to the non-profit purpose of the Bavarian Research Foundation, the project participants are obliged to make the results of the funded projects available to the public in a timely manner.
- In principle, there is an obligation to grant licenses resulting from the funded project at standard market, non-discriminatory conditions.
Before submitting your application
- Funding advice at the locations in Munich and Nuremberg
- Ideally, submission of a non-binding project outline to clarify the basic eligibility of the project for funding
- Possibility of submitting a draft application for a preliminary structural review
- In writing to the office of the Bavarian Research Foundation
- Electronic application form for postal or digital delivery or online application form using an ELSTER company account
- Applications must contain the following information:
- General information (including subject, applicant, participants, brief description, start date and duration)
- Cost and financing plan
- Detailed technical explanation of the project
- Review by external, non-Bavarian experts
(evaluation criteria include relevance and originality, level of innovation, scientific and economic risk, coherence of the work program, appropriateness of the resources required, composition and competence of the consortium, feasibility and usability of the results)
- Three-stage decision-making process in the committees of the Research Foundation (Scientific Advisory Board, Foundation Board, Foundation Council)
- Issuance of the approval notice
Applications can be submitted at any time and are not subject to any deadlines. Projects are approved three times a year, in March/April, June/July and November/December.
As a rule, a period of no more than six months elapses between submission of the application and approval.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Förderantrag Bayerische Forschungsstiftung
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Responsible for editing:Bayerische Forschungsstiftung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited