Käte Hamburger Kollegs; application for funding
Excellent researchers from the humanities can apply for funding for a Käte Hamburger Kolleg at their university.
For the 1st stage of the procedure: Project outline with the following information:
- Cover sheet with project name, postal address, telephone and e-mail of the sender as well as information on total costs, funding requirements and duration.
- Initial question, objectives and social need of the planned project
- State of the art in research and technology, novelty of the solution approach, own previous work, data basis, differentiation from previous and ongoing national and international research work
- Presentation of cooperation partners in the scientific collaboration
- Description of the own solution with underlining of the methods to be applied
- time and work budget
- tabular financing overview
- Exploitation plan including economic and scientific-technical prospects of success, connectivity,
- Letter of intent from the university with explanations on the involvement of the college and, if applicable, the university's own contribution.
For the 2nd stage of the procedure: full proposal consisting of AZA(P) application and detailed project description with the following information:
- Summary of the project
- Overall objective of the project
- Description of the state of research
- Detailed description of the project and the work plan
- Integration into the university, intended on-site collaborations
- scientific results and exploitation plan
- concrete time and financial planning (Gantt chart, resource plan)
For applicants in funding line II, the following must also be included
- Concept for cooperation between the two scientific fields,
- concrete formats for transdisciplinary collaboration
- Letter of intent from the university (see outline)
The application procedure for funding Käte Hamburger Kollegs has 2 stages.
Stage 1: Project outline
- You submit a joint project outline of a maximum of 15 DINA4 pages (1.5 line spacing, Arial font, size at least 11 point) to the project management organization (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V./DLR Projektträger) and via the PT-Outline portal.
- In addition to preparing the project outline, you must print out the PTOutline project sheet, sign it, and send it by mail to the project management organization (PT).
- The project outline will be evaluated in a competitive procedure with the participation of external reviewers according to the following criteria:
- Originality and scientific quality of the collegiate program, taking into account international, interdisciplinary and university references,
- scientific qualification of the applicant,
- Perspectives of interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary cooperation,
- Internationality of the research project,
- Contribution to profile building at the university,
- Exploitation perspectives, visibility, and connectivity/sustainability, with special consideration of knowledge transfer and science communication,
- Eligibility of the requested funds.
For funding line II, the following strongly weighted criteria are added:
- Scientific quality of the joint transdisciplinary research question,
- conception of the transdisciplinary collaboration, including formats that serve to develop a common research language, joint research exchange, and a common publication culture.
- If your project idea was positively evaluated in the written review, you will receive an invitation to present your project idea to a panel of reviewers. If your project idea was convincing in the presentation and thus evaluated positively, you will receive a written invitation to submit a full proposal (stage 2).
Stage 2: Application
You submit your application for a Käte Hamburger Kolleg grant as follows:
- The application is submitted online via the "easyOnline" portal.
- Call up the "easyOnline" Internet portal. There you will be guided step by step through the application process.
- Fill in all the fields required for the application and submit it with a qualified electronic signature.
- If you do not have a qualified electronic signature, you must print out the application in addition to submitting it electronically, sign it, and send it to the project management organization in the next step along with the other application documents.
- Once the application has been received by the project management organization, you will receive a confirmation of receipt.
- The responsible person at the project management organization will contact you while your application is being processed in order to clarify any queries.
- Applications will be evaluated and reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Implementation of any conditions imposed in the first stage and compliance with the financial framework recommended there for funding.
- Eligibility of the requested funds;
- Necessity and appropriateness of the requested funds
- Comprehensibility of the explanations for the financing plan, including, in the case of companies, a description of how the company's own contribution will be raised.
- You will receive a decision on your application.
- In the event of a positive decision, you will receive a notification of funding by mail.
You can submit your project outline to the assigned DLR project management organization of the BMBF at any time. However, please note the evaluation deadlines for project outlines:
- Expression of interest procedure 3rd round: 31.10.2023
- Submission of outlines 3rd round: 15.01.2024
The submission deadline is not considered a cut-off date, but project outlines received after the above date may not be considered.
Processing time until the full application is processed. (9 to 12 months)
- Vorhabenskizze, Letter of Intent der Hochschule
- Projektblatt (easy-Online)
- Vollantrag mit Vorhabenbeschreibung,
- Letter of Intent der Hochschule und AZA(P)-Antrag
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited