Bioeconomy production facilities; application for funding
Funding is provided to companies that invest in production facilities in Bavaria with a positive climate effect that use renewable raw materials or biogenic residual and waste materials to support the transition to a carbon-based circular economy.
- The production plant must be built in Bavaria.
- The source materials used in the funded plant must be renewable raw materials or predominantly biogenic residual and waste materials (at least 51%; this threshold does not apply to waste containing plastics in the case of funding under 2.3), but technically necessary auxiliary materials of non-biogenic origin are permitted.
- The operation of the funded innovative technology must represent a demonstrable environmental benefit compared to the operation of conventional technology (for funding under No. 2.2, the requirements under Art. 36 GBER apply in particular; for funding under No. 2.3, the requirements under Art. 47 GBER apply in particular). The plant must go beyond the existing state of the art.
- The sustainability of the raw materials must be verified by suitable certification (e.g. ISCC PLUS or REDcert2 for agricultural products and PEFC/FSC or an equivalent certificate for wood) throughout the entire service life of the installation, with the exception of residual materials and waste products. In addition, the extent to which a positive climate protection effect can be achieved (e.g. through greenhouse gas certification in accordance with ISO 14064) must be demonstrated from a holistic perspective, i.e. also taking into account the raw materials/pre-products (including their production and transportation). The plant must enable a predicted quantitative reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to the state of the art (the GHG reduction potential should be at least 40%; further details will be announced in the respective call for funding).
- A proof of concept must already have been provided for the production process on a demonstration scale; only projects from TRL 8 are eligible for funding.
- The eligible expenditure must amount to at least EUR 250,000.
- The project must not have been started before the Government of Lower Bavaria has received a verifiable application. The start of the project is generally deemed to be the submission of a binding declaration of intent to conclude a supply or service contract attributable to the execution of the project. Planning, certification and approval procedures do not count as the start of the project.
Outlines can only be submitted during an open call for proposals. The application procedure has two stages (see No. 7.1 of the guidelines):
- Stage 1 - Outline phase: Project outlines must be submitted by e-mail to the government of Lower Bavaria (e-mail: Scale-Up-Programm@reg-nb.bayern.de) by the deadline specified on the homepage https://www.stmwi.bayern.de/foerderungen/biooekonomie-scale-up/ and will then be evaluated.
- Stage 2 - Application phase: The selected project outlines will be invited to submit formal funding applications. Applications for funding can be submitted by June 1 and December 1 of each year.
The project outlines must be technically meaningful and enable the reviewers to assess the selection criteria. The selection criteria can be found in particular in No. 4.1 to 4.4, 4.6, 4.7 and 7.1.2 of the guidelines
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited