Customs; receipt of information on detained goods as as a person involved
If your goods are stopped on suspicion of counterfeiting, Customs will inform you of the next steps.
In order to receive notifications and notices, your goods must have been stopped as a result of an application by a rights holder for customs action.
If an application for customs action has been approved and your goods have been detained on suspicion of infringement, you will receive further notifications and notices from the customs authorities online via the "Central Database System for the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights" (ZGR-online):
- When customs authorities identify suspicious goods, they detain them or suspend clearance.
- The customs authorities will inform you about the facts of the case. Within the time limit, you can agree or object to the destruction of the goods.
- If you object to the destruction, the rights holder must initiate civil proceedings. In this case, the goods will be held by the customs authorities until a decision has been made on the suspected infringement.
- You will receive a notice informing you of the decision to destroy the goods.
- Depending on the decision, the goods will be destroyed or released under customs supervision.
- When you receive a notification of stopped goods, you must declare within 10 working days whether you agree or object to the destruction.
- For perishable goods, the deadline is 3 working days, which cannot be extended.
- In case of objection to the subsequent decision to destroy: 1 month from the date of notification.
You will receive the notification about stopping the goods within one working day.
- Objection to the detention of the goods
- Appeal against the decision to destroy
Detailed information on how to appeal can be found in the decision.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium der Finanzen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited