Customs; application for use of an electronic transport document as a transit declaration for air or maritime transport
As an airline or shipping company you can apply for a simplification in the transit procedure. With this simplification it is possible to use an electronic transport document as a transit declaration in the Union transit procedure.
The authorisation will be granted only if you meet the following conditions:
- You operate a significant number of flights/trips between airports/ports in the Union.
- The customs office at the airport/port of departure and the customs office at the airport/port of destination have the relevant information available in electronic form. This information shall be identical.
If you wish to apply for an ETD authorisation, you must submit the application electronically via the EU Trader Portal. This is an IT application accessible via the European Commission's website for the electronic submission of applications for customs authorisations.
To access the EU Trader Portal you need to
- a user account. If you do not have a user account yet,
- complete the application to set up an EU user account (form 05700),
- send the form by e-mail to the Master Data Management Team of the Directorate General of Customs - Dresden office. (email@example.com)
- an EORI number (Economic Operators Registration and Identification number).
- If you do not yet have an EORI number, you must apply for one in your user account in the Citizens and Business Customer Portal of the Customs Administration. You can access the "EORI No. Administration" via the user account and apply for a new EORI number.
- Log in to the EU Trader Portal with your access data.
- Fill in the application for the authorisation type ETD and send it.
- If necessary, send Parts I to III and V of the Customs Authorisation Questionnaire directly to the relevant main customs office with reference to the application number generated by the EU Trader Portal.
- If the main customs office has successfully checked whether all requirements for an authorization are met, an authorization is issued electronically in the EU-Trader Portal.
- If the requirements are not met, you will receive a notice of rejection of the application by post.
The authorisation to use an electronic transport document (ETD) must be obtained before the goods are placed under the Union transit procedure.
You will usually receive a decision on your application within 120 days of acceptance.
Please enclose the following documents with the application:
- Parts I to III and V of the Customs Conditions Questionnaire
- Authorised Economic Operators (AEO) do not need the questionnaire.
The documents are to be sent directly to the competent main customs office with reference to the application number generated by the EU Trader Portal.
- Appeal. Detailed information on how to file an appeal can be found in the rejection or approval notice.
- Tax court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium der Finanzen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited