The costs to be paid accordingly can be found in the notification with the necessary bank details. The notification of costs can be sent separately if necessary.
The costs vary depending on the official act.
The following costs (fees and expenses) can be charged for the cost collection items of the Customs Costs Ordinance:
- Hourly fees
- Monthly fees
- Basic fee
- Fee for bulk shipments: EUR 8.00
- Examination fees: Fees are calculated according to the type of examination.
- Storage costs
- Writing expenses
- for the first 50 pages EUR 0.50 per page and for each additional page EUR 0.15
- Costs for official acts in the field of industrial property protection and
- other expenses
Basically, there is a flat rate, which is based on the time spent and the number of employees of the customs administration involved.
This flat rate is generally made up of a basic fee and an hourly fee. In addition, the number of employees involved in the official act is taken into account.
The hourly fee, which is calculated on the basis of the duration of the official act, is calculated on the basis of one quarter of the hourly fee rate for each quarter of an hour or part thereof. The basic fee is generally equal to the hourly fee for a full hour.
The hourly fee rate is
- for guarding and escorting EUR 47,00 and
- for other official acts EUR 59,00.
Monthly fees are charged if officials are required on a permanent basis for the performance of certain official acts subject to a fee.
The monthly fee is
- for male and female civil servants in the category of the lower civil service: EUR 6,517
- for civil servants in the intermediate category: EUR 7,356
- for female and male civil servants in the career bracket of the upper service: EUR 8,858
Investigation fees: Investigation fees are calculated according to the type of investigation.
Custody fee or reimbursement of expenses for storage of non-Union goods:
A custody fee is charged for the storage of non-Union goods by the customs office. You must pay the fee primarily for mail originating from non-EU countries.
The fee per day is
- for postal and courier consignments up to 20 kilograms per package EUR 0.50
- for other general cargo EUR 0.50 for each 50 kilograms or part thereof
- for other shipments EUR 0.15 for each 100 kilograms or part thereof, but not less than EUR 6.00
Only material costs are recorded. For documents and copies made on request
- for the first 50 pages EUR 0.50 per page
- for each additional page EUR 0.15
Fees for industrial property actions:
For action by the customs authorities, either
- Flat-rate fees,
- flat-rate fees for small consignments or
- actual costs incurred
The party liable for costs is the holder of the decision on an application for action by the customs authority or an application for seizure.
The levying of flat-rate fees in the field of industrial property is the rule, while the levying of actual costs incurred is the exception. Flat fees cover all costs related to the particular case. No other costs are charged in addition to the flat fees.
Fees of less than EUR 5.00 are not charged.