Customs; receipt of information on detained goods as rights holder
If goods are stopped by customs on suspicion of counterfeiting, you will be informed of this as the rights holder.
- In order to receive notices in the so-called border seizure procedure as a rights holder, your application for action must have been approved.
If your application for action by the customs administration has been approved, you will receive further notifications and notices from the customs authorities online via the inbox in the customs portal.
- If customs authorities identify suspicious goods, they detain them or suspend clearance.
- The customs authorities will inform you as the rights holder about the facts of the case.
- If necessary, you must confirm that you are convinced that the goods are infringing and agree in writing to the destruction of the goods.
- If necessary, inform the customs authorities later that the person authorized to dispose of the goods has objected to the destruction.
- If civil proceedings have been initiated in good time, the goods will be held by the customs authorities until a final judgment is obtained.
- In certain cases, you may request that samples or specimens of the seized goods be made available to you.
- You will receive a notice informing you of the decision to destroy the goods.
- Depending on the decision, the goods will be destroyed under customs supervision or released to the declaring or possessing person.
- If you receive a notice of stopped goods, you must declare within 10 business days that you believe the goods are infringing and you consent to their destruction.
- In certain cases, you may request an extension of no more than 10 business days.
- In the case of perishable goods, the deadline is 3 working days, which cannot be extended.
You will receive the notification about the stopped goods within one working day. (1 Tag)
- Together with the notification, you may receive digital images of the seized goods.
Detailed information on how to file an appeal can be found in the notice of decision on your application.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium der Finanzen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited