Fumigation for disinfection or pest control; application for a certificate of competence.
Fumigation for disinfection or pest control with certain hazardous fumigants may only be carried out by specially trained experts who hold a valid certificate of competence issued by the authorities for this purpose. In order to be able to carry out fumigation, an official fumigation permit is also required.
A certificate of competence is required for fumigation activities with fumigants that are classified as acutely toxic category 1, 2 or 3 or specifically target organ toxic category 1 according to the hazard classification (this applies, for example, to the fumigants hydrogen cyanide, hydrogen phosphide, ethylene oxide, formaldehyde or sulfuryl difluride).
The certificate of competence is issued to applicants who
- proves the required reliability (as a rule by a police certificate of good conduct of the document type O),
- is at least 18 years old
- can present a valid certificate of successful participation in an officially recognized course to impart the expertise required to carry out the planned fumigations, and
- a certificate issued by a physician in accordance with Section 7, Paragraph 1 of the Ordinance on Occupational Health Care certifies that there are no indications that he or she is physically or mentally unsuitable for the fumigation activities.
The application must be sent to the locally responsible trade supervisory office.
The certificate of competence is limited to a maximum of six years. A prerequisite for the extension of the certificate of competence is, in addition to the presentation of the certificate of a physician in accordance with § 7 Para. 1 of the Ordinance on Occupational Medical Precautions, proof of successful participation in an advanced training course recognized for the intended activity.
Police clearance certificate of document type O of the applicant
(for certain fumigation activities, the authority may, under certain conditions, waive the presentation of the certificate of good conduct)
Proof of expertise through successful participation in an officially recognised course to impart the expertise required to carry out the planned fumigation operations.
Medical certificate in accordance with § 7 Para. 1 of the Ordinance on Preventive Occupational Medicine
The certificate shall attest that there is no evidence that the applicant is physically or mentally unfit for the fumigation activities.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited