Fumigation for disinfection or pest control; application for a certificate of competence.
Fumigation with biocidal products or pesticides may only be carried out by specially trained experts who hold a valid certificate of competence issued by the authorities for this purpose.
In order to be able to carry out fumigation, an official fumigation permit is also required.
For fumigation activities with biocidal products or pesticides, a certificate of competence is required.
The certificate of competence is issued to applicants who
- is at least 18 years old
- has a suitable vocational training or comparable professional qualification,
- can prove the required reliability (as a rule by means of a police certificate of good conduct of type O),
- possesses the necessary language skills required for the safe performance of the job,
- can present a valid certificate of successful participation in an officially recognized training course to impart the expertise required to carry out the intended fumigations,
- has sufficient experience for fumigation operations
- can provide proof of first aid training including first aid measures when handling fumigants, and
- proves his physical and mental suitability for the fumigation activities by means of a certificate issued by a physician in accordance with § 7 Para. 1 of the Ordinance on Occupational Health Precautions. The certificate must not be older than one year at the time of application.
The application must be sent to the trade supervisory office locally responsible for the place of residence of the applicant.
The certificate of competence is issued for a maximum of six years. A prerequisite for the extension of the certificate of competence is, in addition to the fulfillment of the points listed under "Prerequisites", proof of successful participation in an officially recognized training course for the intended activity.
The certificate of competence may be revoked if the required points listed under "Prerequisites" are no longer fulfilled.
The period of validity may be extended by a maximum of six years if the certificate holder has completed a training course in accordance with section 4.4, paragraph 5, before the expiry of the period of validity and has applied for an extension.
Police clearance certificate of document type O of the applicant
(for certain fumigation activities, the authority may, under certain conditions, waive the presentation of the certificate of good conduct)
Proof of expertise through successful participation in an officially recognised course to impart the expertise required to carry out the planned fumigation operations.
Medical certificate in accordance with § 7 Para. 1 of the Ordinance on Preventive Occupational Medicine
The certificate shall attest that there is no evidence that the applicant is physically or mentally unfit for the fumigation activities.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited