Explosive substances; application for a storage permit
The storage (keeping) of explosive substances is subject to the requirements of the Explosives Act in conjunction with the Second Ordinance to the Explosives Act and usually requires a permit.
The individual safety requirements to be met by a storage facility are regulated in the Second Ordinance to the Explosives Act (2. SprengV) and are also derived from the generally recognized safety rules. These are, in particular, the explosives storage guidelines issued on the basis of the 2nd Explosives Ordinance, which have been published in the Federal Labour Gazette.
Approval is only granted if the storage facility and its operation meet the requirements to be placed on the location, the construction and the furnishing of the storage room.
- Application is made in writing to the competent authority with the relevant details for a storage permit (e.g. NEM max., storage group, explosive substances to be stored, etc.).
- Planning of an on-site visit
- Coordination and submission of the required documents (e.g. expert opinion, construction description, type approval, fire protection statement, etc.)
- Involvement of other authorities: Obtaining statements, as a rule, from district administrative authority and municipality.
- After examination of all documents, the storage permit can be issued in accordance with §17 SprengG (German Explosives Act).
If the quantities to be stored exceed a storage capacity of 10 tons, an immission control permit is required in accordance with the Federal Immission Control Act. The immission control approval includes the approval according to explosives law.
In Bavaria, such facilities are approved and monitored by the district administrative authorities under immission control law.
The processing time is approximately 3 months once all documents are complete.
Type approval, if applicable
Expert opinion, if necessary
at the request of the authorities (with regard to fire protection, design, theft protection, protective distances, etc.)
Site plan and general plan
Building description, building plan
Construction, theft protection, fire protection; alarm system, electrical equipment, type approval
Recommendation: prior criminal police consultation
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited