Working time; request for extension for employees of a seasonal and campaign enterprise
Upon request, employees of a seasonal or campaign operation may be granted an extension of daily working hours for the duration of the season or campaign up to a maximum of twelve hours per day on individual days.
At all Bavarian folk festivals and comparable events, any employer may have his employees work up to ten hours net per day without an official permit, also on all respective Sundays and public holidays. The legally prescribed substitute rest days for employment on Sundays and public holidays can be granted both before and after the Sunday and public holiday employment or the folk festival.
If an extension of the daily working hours of ten hours should be unavoidable even after exhaustion of organisational measures, in particular for peak times, and the trade supervisory office responsible for the place of business was also unable to point out any possible solutions for a special situation, an exception subject to a charge can be applied for in accordance with § 15 Paragraph 1 No. 2 of the Working Hours Act (ArbZG).
- A risk assessment according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act with special consideration of the hazards resulting from the extension of daily working hours has been carried out by the applicant.
- Technical or organisational measures are not sufficient to avoid longer working hours.
- The company is not subject to any provisions of collective agreements which conflict with the intended application for extended working hours of more than ten hours.
- The extension of daily working hours beyond eight hours on workdays is compensated by a corresponding reduction of working hours at other times.
The application has to be submitted in writing to the trade supervisory office at the government of Upper Franconia.
Proof of seasonal or campaign operation
Statement of the company doctor
Statement of the works council
Evidence of safety and occupational medical care
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited