Consumer information; request for information
The Consumer Information Act (VIG) gives citizens a right to information on important consumer issues.
Questions concerning violations of the law are free of charge up to an administrative cost of 1,000 euros, and up to 250 euros in other cases.
Before any costs are incurred, the competent authority must inform the applicant of this and estimate the costs incurred. In this case, the applicant can decide whether he still wants the information or withdraws his application free of charge.
- The provision of information may affect the rights of third parties, for example in the case of information on infringements by a food business operator. In these cases, a formal procedure is required in which food business operators are given the opportunity to comment on an intended provision of information and to raise any objections. It is not possible to provide information until the procedure has been completed.
- In cases where the rights of third parties are affected, the authority is obliged, upon request of the third party, to provide the name and address of the applicant.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited