Food hygiene; establishment, implementation and maintenance of a self-checking system in accordance with the HACCP concept.
Anyone who manufactures, handles or places food on the market must use in-house controls to identify the critical points in the process flow and ensure that appropriate safety measures are defined, implemented and checked.
This is done by means of a suitable in-house control system, which is subject to monitoring by the official food control authority.
The purpose of the in-house controls and measures according to Art. 5 of Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 is to prevent the occurrence of health hazards due to chemical, biological or physical influences.
For this purpose, each establishment must draw up a concept that serves to identify, assess and avert hazards and provide evidence to the competent authority. The documents are to be kept up to date and stored (Art. 5 (4) of Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004. In doing so, the competent authority shall take into account the type and size of the food business.
The concept shall comply with the following principles:
- Analysis of hazards in production and work processes.
- identification of the points in the processes where hazards may occur
- Determination of the critical points for food safety
- Definition and implementation of effective safety measures
- Monitoring of these safety measures
- Review of the hazard analysis, the critical points and the safety measures at regular intervals.
- Obligation to document the procedure
Within this framework, the principles of the HACCP concept(Hazard Analysisand Critical Control Point) represent one way of implementing preventive health protection. According to the HACCP concept, possible health hazards and the probability of their occurrence must first be determined (Hazard Analysis). Then, on the basis of the results obtained, measures must be defined to avoid or reduce the hazards to human health (Critical Control Point).
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited