Measuring devices; application for calibration
During calibration, the relationship between the measured value of the output variable and the corresponding value of the input variable is determined under specified conditions. A comparison is made with a reference of the same unit.
The decision to calibrate depends on various aspects and should be selected accordingly:
- For measuring instruments that are used as test standards in the company (reference measuring instrument)
- When providing proof of traceability to external bodies, particularly abroad.
The period of validity is not specified. It is always the responsibility of the user.
A calibration is generally documented in a written report. The DAkkS calibration certificate states all calibration results, the reference standards and auxiliary equipment used for the measurement, the ambient conditions and the calculated measurement uncertainty. Calibration certificates from accredited laboratories are unquestionable proof of traceability and have international validity.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Landesamt für Maß und Gewicht
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited